Hi Stampers, Well September is here and we are all very ready for some rain here in the Pacific NW. We are having horrible fires just east of us in the Columbia River Gorge. We need rain to help put out the horrible fires that are burning. We are under a air quality alert with thick smoke and now ash from the fires is falling in the area too. The news advised us all to stay inside, so today I played in my stamping room and created this fall card for you. Today was a color challenge, Crushed Curry, Garden Green and Early Espresso. These colors are perfect for my fall gift card holder for the share today.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Merry Cafe and Coffee Cafe:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Early Espresso 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 9 and 5-1/2
Mat for the front: Garden Green 3-1/4 x 4
DSP: Painted Autumn DSP 3-1/8 x 3-7/8
Inside mat: Garden Green 4 x 5-1/4
Sentiment piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Folding your card into the gift holder:
- Fold on the two score lines and with a strong adhesive (tear and tape) fold the 2 inch flap against the back side of the front of the card to form an inside pouch for the gift card
- Adhere your DSP to the Garden Green mat
- Wrap a 5 inch piece of Crushed Curry Ribbon around the mats and then attach to the front of the card
The coffee cup:
- Stamp the coffee cup image in Early Espresso on Whisper White card stock
- Stamp the lid outline in Early Espresso onto a piece of Early Espresso card stock.
- Die cut the lid and cup out with the matching dies from the Coffee Cafe dies
- Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink onto Whisper White card stock and again cut the cup holder out with the coordinating die
- To add the green background to the cup holder: cut a piece of paper 1-1/2 inches and then wider than the cup holder piece. Place the sentiment piece on top of the background piece and glue them together. When dry, cut the sides off so the edges match up to the die cut sentiment piece.
- Glue the lid onto the coffee cup
- Adhere the sentiment [piece to the front of the cup.
- Adhere the coffee cup to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Add a Crushed Curry bow to the left of the cup and add a tiny wood Touches of Nature element flower to complete the card
- Attach the large Whisper White card stock to the Garden Green mat
- Ink your sentiment in Early Espresso ink to the right side of the card vertically (Orange Blossom stamp set)
- Add Leaves outlined in Early Espresso and inked solid with Garden Green
- Add Crushed Curry dots here and there around the sentiment
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make my card: