Hi Stampers, Here is another Thursday blog hop to share with you today. The hop for today was a sketch challenge so we could use any stamp and color combination. I have some of the Wood Texture DSP that I thought would make some great manly birthday cards. I always have plenty of fluffy cards and decided to make some cards for the special men in my life.
Here is the sketch:
Stampin’ Up! Wood Textures:
Here is the Recipe:
Card base: Crumb cake 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Wood Textures 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Small mat: Basic Black 4-1/8 x 2-7/8
Art Piece: Very Vanilla 4-1/8 x 2-7/8
Stamp your art piece with black ink using the Big on Birthdays sentiment and then run it through your Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks EF
- Attach your DSP to the large black mat
- Attach your small black mat and the embossed sentiment piece at an angle to the matted DSP
- Wrap the left end of your burlap ribbon around the bottom of the card on the left side and then cut a tail to the right side of the ribbon (I used Fast Fuse)
- Adhere your mats to the front of the card base
- Stamp 3 leaves from the Colorful Seasons stamp set
- The large solid image maple leaf is stamped in Crumb Cake and over stamped with the vein stamp in Basic Black
- The tiny maple leaf is stamped in Crumb Cake
- The lacy Black maple leaf is die cut using Basic Black card stock and the matching die from the Seasonal Layers dies
- Adhere the three leaves with glue dots onto the burlap ribbon
- Add a small Bakers Twine bow the to the top of the bunch of leaves
- The finishing detail is a Metallic Enamel dot
Here is another versions:
I decided I would do another card and just change the Wood Texture DSP. This card is identical except for the colors. I used Very Vanilla, Black and Cajun Craze.
Here is our Team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
Here are the products I used to make this card: