Hi Stampers, I just returned a few days ago from the Stampin’ Up! Convention and boy was it fun. We were able to cheer on all the wonderful demonstrators and sit and learn about the company. The highlight for me was getting my hands on the new Spring Catalog and Sale-A-Bration catalog. (I am squealing) I will be sharing more about that later so on to our hop. Today we had a color challenge. The colors are beautiful and Stampin’ Up! has so many wonderful DSP papers that work great with the combination. My problem is, I do not have any of the papers so I had to get creative. Our color challenge was Pool Party, Emerald Envy and Red. Enjoy the hop
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Winter Wonder and Merry Cafe:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Real Red 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4
Art Piece: Pool Party 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- Run your Pool Party through the Big Shot with the Winder Wonder EB
- Adhere your art piece to the mat
- Attach a piece of red ribbon around your mat and art piece
- Attach this stack to the card base
making the coffee cup: I used the Merry Cafe and Coffee Cafe stamp sets and matching dies
- Stamp the outline to the coffee cup in Real Red onto Whisper White card stock
- Stamp the snowflakes in Emerald Envy onto the front of the coffee cup
- Stamp Pool Party dots in between the snowflakes
- Die cut your coffee cup
- Stamp Christmas and Cheer onto Whisper White card stock and cut out with the coffee sleeve die
- cut a piece of Emerald Envy card stock 1-1/4 inch high and just wider than the width of the coffee sleeve
- Adhere this to the Christmas Cheer die cut sentiment and trim the sides but leave the top edge showing
- Adhere this to the front of the coffee cup
- Stamp the whip cream in Pool Party and the straw in Real Red, die cut these out and attach to the coffee cup
- Make a cute red bow and adhere to the left side of the coffee cup (disclaimer: I was out of the new Real Red ribbon and had to resort to using some retired ribbon but any red ribbon will do)
- Die cut three Real Red snowflakes from the Seasonal Layers dies and attach to the front of the card
- Place small pearls on the snowflake and large pearls in the center of each Real Red snowflake
- A touch of Wink of Stella on the whip cream finishes off the card
Alternate Color Idea:
Here is another idea to change up the color a bit.
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
Here are the products I used to make this card: