Hi Stampers, Today I made an “eclipse” card. They seem to be the rage right now and so I thought I would give it a try. Can I say, this was so fun and really very easy to do. Today our team had a color challenge of Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso and Lemon Lime Twist. The Vintage Leaves stamp set was inked up to make my card today, a set that is perfect for a wonderful fall themed card.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Vintage Leaves Eclipse Card:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Tangerine Tango 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Early Espresso 5-1/4 x 4
Art Piece: Very Vanilla 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Here are the details:
The art piece:
With your Vintage Leaves stamp set, stamp the leaves onto your Very Vanilla card stock
- The large maple leaf (lower left corner) is inked in Tangerine Tango and sponged around the edge in Early Espresso
- The large oak leaf (upper right corner) is inked in Lemon Lime Twist and sponged with Tangerine Tango
- Medium flat leaves are Lemon Lime Twist
- They tiny leaves are Tangerine Tango and a few Daffodil Delight leaves were thrown in just because!
- To add some added texture to the card I added some second generation stamping using the flourish stamp from Timeless Texture stamp set in Early Espresso
- The splatters were added with Early Espresso using a stamp from Awesomely Artistic
- When all the stamping was done, I ran the art piece through the Big shot with the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder
(I hope you can see the texture of the embossing folder, it really makes the card so beautiful, I am just not sure the photo captures it?)
The eclipse effect:
- Run your art piece through the big-shot with the Large Letter Dies spelling out FALL
- Attach the art piece to the Early Espresso mat
- Adhere pieces of the Foam Adhesive Strips to the back of your letters and place them in the silhouette from the cut out letter shape
- The letter “A” had an extra piece from the center of the letter, attach that into the back of the silhouette shape with liquid glue
- Wrap a piece of Copper Trim around the matted art piece
- Die cut two leaves from the Colorful Seasons dies, one in Tangerine Tango, sponged in Early Espresso and then a Copper Foil leaf
- Adhere the leaves to the band of ribbon under neath the letter “F”
- Add your double Copper Trim bow with a glue dot.
- Adhere your art piece and mat to the Tangerine Tango card base
- Enjoy your beautiful fall card
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
Here are the products I used to make this card: