Hi Stampers, Today we had a color challenge using, Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron and Night of Navy. This is a beautiful color combination and I decided to open up my brand new Varied Vases stamp set. My challenge was how to stamp flowers using these colors? I think the combo turned out wonderful, a bit different but it worked! Enjoy and challenge yourself with a new color combo that you might not have thought of, who knows what beautiful creation you will come up with. Please share when you find a color trio that works, I would love to see what you have come up with.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Varied Vases:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Night of Navy 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Mint Macaron 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Share What You Love 3 x 4-1/2
Mat: Whisper White 3-1/8 x 4-5/8
Circle:Whisper White Stitched Circle Framelits
Circle mat: Night of Navy Layering Circle Framelits
Sentiment: Whisper White 5/8 x 4 punched with the Triple Banner Punch
Here are the details:
- Stamp the three vases onto the Whisper White circle art piece with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- Take your Blender Pen and your Night of Navy ink and lightly color in the vases using more ink at the bottom and lightning the color as you move up the vase
- Stamp your floral outline images with Tuxedo Black Ink
- The flowers in the left vase are stamped with second generation stamping in Crumb Cake
- The tulips are stamped in third generation stamping in Night of Navy and shaded with the Blender Pen and Night of Navy Ink
- Stamp the outline of the leaves in Tuxedo Black Ink
- Stamp the leaves with the solid image in Mint Macaron
- Add a highlight on the left side of each vase with your watercolor pencil in white
- Adhere your Mint Macaron mat to the front of the card
- Adhere your DSP panel to the Whisper White mat and attach to the front of the card
- Adhere your art piece to the circle mat and attach to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment in Black ink
- Wrap some Whisper White Bakers Twine around the left side of the sentiment and attach your sentiment to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Add a Whisper White Bakers Twine bow and you are done
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: