Hi Stampers, Today we have a color challenge using Poppy Parade, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Old Olive, and Early Espresso. What fun it was to use such a variety of products to make my card from the Quite Curvy Dies to the Winter Snow Embossing Folder and more. The Trimming the Town DSP had all the fun colors for our challenge so I was set in using all 5! Have fun and make sure you hop to our other talented card makers and take a peek at their creations too.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Wrapped In Christmas meets Trimming The Town:
Card base: Poppy Parade 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
DSP panel: Trimming the Town 5-1/4 x 4
Embossed panel: Whisper White 5-1/4 x 4
Extra panel for stability: Whisper White 5-1/4 x 4
- Die cut the Whisper White panel in half with the Quite Curvy Die
- Emboss this panel with the Winter Snow Embossing Folder
- Die cut 3 leaf sprigs in Old Olive card stock with the die from the Quite Curvy Die set
- Ink up the sentiment image from the Wrapped In Christmas stamp set in Versa Mark Ink
- Then stamp the image right into your Poppy Parade Ink and stamp onto a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the image and then heat set with you heat tool. (This technique lets you emboss with any color ink you want)
- Die cut the sentiment out with your Layering Circle Die
- Die cut the coordinating scallop in Poppy Parade card stock
- Glue your sentiment to the Poppy Parade sentiment piece
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your DSP panel the to extra Whisper White panel (this is to help with stability because the DSP is thinner paper)
- Adhere your embossed curvy die cut panel to the top of the DSP panel
- Attach this stack to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your sentiment piece to the right hand side of the card with Dimensionals
- Tuck in your leaf sprigs under the sentiment piece with glue dots
- Add a Poppy Parade bow from the All the Trimming Combo Pack to left side of the sentiment
- Add some Poppy Parade embellishments from the All The Trimming embellishment pack and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: