Hi Stampers, Today we have a sketch challenge. Mr Brown came and delivered my pre-order and the stamp set Under My Umbrella was in the box. Using this set was so fun and perfect for the challenge and it was so fun coloring in all the images. I know the sketch has a heart on it but that is the beauty of a sketch, you use that as a starting point for your design and that is just what I did.
Not only did I change the shape of the image on my card but I pushed my design from the right to the left. What a great jumping off point for creativity.
Stampin’ Up! Under My Umbrella:
Card base: Flirty Flamingo 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Panel: Flirty Flamingo 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 embossed with the Coastal Weave EF
Panel: Whisper White cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die (3-1/2 x 4-7/8)
Panel: Flirty Flaming cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die (3-1/2 x 4-7/8)
Square: Whisper White card stock cut with the Stitched Shapes Dies (second largest)
Sentiment: Whisper White 5/8 x 3 punched with the Triple Banner Punch
- Stamp the raindrop image from Under My Umbrella stamp set onto the Pool Party panel with Pool Party Ink
- Stamp your umbrella and floral images into Whisper White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Color in your images with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Umbrella: Flirty Flamingo, then punch it out with the Umbrella Builder Punch
- Boots: Daffodil Delight
- Floral Leaves: Granny Apple Green
- Flowers: Flirty Flamingo, Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight and Pool Party
- When all the flowers and boots are colored, fussy cut them out with your paper snips
- Punch out the umbrella handle with Basic Black card stock using the Umbrella Builder Punch
- Stamp your sentiment onto the sentiment piece using the stamp from Under My Umbrella
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your basket weave panel to the front of the card with snail
- Adhere the two rectangle panels to the front of the card (off set a bit)
- Adhere your square Whisper White piece to the front left of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your sentiment with glue dots
- Attach your boots to the left of the sentiment with glue dots
- Adhere your umbrella to the square with Dimensionals
- Glue on the umbrella handle on with a touch of liquid glue
- Adhere your flowers with glue dots by tucking them under the umbrella edge. The last little floral is attached with a mini dimensional for added texture
- Add a Whisper White Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon to the left of the floral
- Add some Basic White Pearls to the front of the card and you are done
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: