Hi Stampers, Today we have a sketch challenge for our hop. The weather is changing here in the Pacific NW with lots of rain so this inspired me to create a fall card. Inking up the Toile Christmas worked perfectly when my cardinal was colored with the female bird in mind. I used my bird guide book to help me decide on coloring, as I have never seen a cardinal up close.
Stampin’ Up! Toile Christmas:
Card base: Old Olive 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Old Olive 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 Embossed with the Layered Leaves EF
Vellum mat: So Saffron 4-7/8 x 2-5/8
DSP panel: Come To Gather DSP 4-3/4 x 2-1/2
Wood grain panel: Come To Gather DSP 4-3-1/4
the bird and branch:
- Stamp the bird and branch images from the Toile Christmas Stamp Set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock with Tuxedo Momento Ink
- Color your bird using your Stampin Blends as follows
- Bird body, wings, beak and head: Pumpkin Pie Stampin Blends
- Use the Color Lifter Stampin Blend to add highlight to the breast and wings
- Color your branch with Stampin Blends as follows:
- Leaves: Old Olive
- Berries: Pumpkin Pie
- Branch: Soft Suede
- Die cut your bird and branch out with the Christmas Cardinal Dies
- Die cut 3 (each) curly cues out with the Christmas Cardinal Dies in So Saffron Card Stock and So Saffron Vellom
- Layer the two different paper curly cues together with white glue forming 3 pieces
putting the card together:
- Adhere your embossed Old Olive mat to the front of the card base
- Adhere the DSP panel to the So Saffron Vellum and adhere to the front of the card
- Adhere the wood grain DSP panel on top of the matted panel to the front of the card
- Attach your branch to the front of the card with glue dots
- Attach your bird to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Tuck your curly cues under the branch with liquid glue
- Color in a few Rhinestones with your Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin Blend and add to the front of the card
- Stamp your sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and punch it our with the Classic Label Punch
- Attach your sentiment to the bird with glue dots and you are done!
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: