Hi Stampers, today for our hop we have a color challenge using Real Red, Soft Suede and Old Olive. (I squeezed in a touch of daffodil delight too) When I start thinking of a card I usually have an inspiration to get the creative juices flowing. Today I used some colors and stamp set from the Timeless Tropical Bundle. Look and the fun cut outs on the front of my card too, a technique for so many stamp sets and dies. You could use the technique from today’s card on almost any stamp set and die bundle from sweet treats to florals and more. What can you think of in your stamping stash to use to make a card like this?
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Timeless Tropical:
Card base: Whisper White card stock 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Front mat: Whisper White card stock 4 x 5-1/4
- Attach your front mat to the front of the card base
- With the card on the open position, arrange your floral dies from the In the Tropics Dies on top of the card front and run the card front top only though your die cutting machine, (toss the pieces that you die cut out)
- Stamp your sentiment in Black Memento Tuxedo ink using the saying from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set
- On a scrap piece of Whisper white card stock stamp all the flowers from the Timeless Tropical stamp set that you die cut on the front of the card. (in the case of my card it was 1 hibiscus and 3 freesia blossoms)
- Color in your stamped flowers as follows:
- Hibiscus: Real Red Stampin Blends
- Freesia: Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends ( I did add a touch of Mango Melody to the centers to deepen the color)
- Die cut the flowers out using the In the Tropics Dies
- Open your card and stamp the leaves on the front of the card next to the open spaces from the die cut floral in Old Olive Ink
- Sponge the edges of the leaves the are against the cut opening of the flowers with a sponge dauber and Old Olive Ink
- Dilute some Soft Suede Reinker with water and soak up a small paint brush and make some brown splashes on the front of the card (still keeping the card open so you don’t get ink on the inside of the card) Let that dry
- Now, close your card and adhere your colored flowers in the corresponding die cut space with liquid glue (the flowers will be on the inside of your card
- Wrap a piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine around your card front and tie a bow
- Add some Wink of Stella the flowers to make them sparkle
- Color in some Rhinestones with your dark Real Red Stampin Blend and adhere them to the center on the flowers and around the card front
- The last detail is to add a few sequins from the Gingham Galas Sequins Pack
Inside the card:
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: