Hi Stampers, today we have a punch challenge, that is, we needed to make a card using a punch. I decided to get some use out my Tailored Tag punch for my share today. I teamed up the punch with the Sweet Symmetry DSP and the combination made a fun card.
After finishing my card, preparing the photos and blog all was good, until I saw my mistake and did not have time to reshoot the photos. The two right hand side partial cuts are solid green. I guess the glue was not dry when I cut the overhang off and the DSP must have come off. Those places that are solid green should have some DSP on the top. I did fix it on my card but was too late to reshoot in time for the blog. Sorry about that.
Stampin’ Up! Tailored Tag and Sweet Symmetry:
Card base: Basic White 5-1/2 x 8, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Night of Navy 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
- Using your Tailored Tag Punch, Punch out 12 tags using the Sweet Symmetry DSP
- Punch out 36 more Tailored Tags Punch shapes with Stampin Up solid card stock
- Layer three solid Tailored Tags Punch shapes together with liquid glue and for the top layer, glue on one of the Sweet Symmetry DSP Tailored Tag shapes (this will add dimension to the card)
- Punch out 4 Basic White Tailored Tag Punch shapes and glue 3 of them together
Putting the card together:
- Take the Night of Navy mat and lightly score a horizonal and vertical line through the middle of the card (this will help you place that first tag in the center of the card)
- Adhere your layered shapes onto the Night of Navy mat starting with the middle shape
- Fill in the mat with the remaining tags using the white layer in the bottom right for your sentiment
- After the full tags are one, cut off the tags that overhang from the card. Use these scraps to fill in the small pieced on the edges
- After the edges are filled in, trim the overhanging piece off (I used my big Carl trimmer of this since I was cutting through 4 layers of card stock)
- Adhere your Bumble Bee ribbon around the art piece and glue the art piece to your Basic White card front
- Stamp you sentiment onto the 4th Basic White tag with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink (I used the sentiment from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set)
- Adhere your sentiment to the Basic White tag with Dimensionals (this covers up part of the ribbon
- Add a Bumble Bee Ribbon bow to the left of the sentiment
- Add some From the Heart Embellishments here and there on the front of the card for added sparkle and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: