Hi Stampers, today for our hop we have a color challenge using Night of Navy, Garden Green and Whisper White. I was planning on using the rest of my Country Club DSP but had so much fun using the paper last week, I used it all up. I put my thinking cap on, decided to try a pop up card using the Someone Special stamp set and matching dies. This fun pop up card is so versatile, any stamp set will work. Hope you will try it and so share with me what you made using this fun technique.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Someone Special:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Front panel: 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 Embossed with the Subtle EF
Inside pop up: Whisper White 5-1/4 x 3
Inside pop up panel Whisper White die cut with the second largest Rectangle Die
- Stamp your animals and flowers into a piece of Whisper White card stock as follows:
- Racoon: outline in Early Espresso, body in second generation Soft Suede
- Squirrel: outline in Early Espresso, body in Crumb Cake
- Mouse: outline in Black, body in Gray Granite
- Flowers: outline is Black, flowers in Night of Navy, Garden Green and second generation Night of Navy
- Die cut all animals and flowers
Front of the card:
- Die cut a circle using the Stitched Shape Die into the 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Whisper White panel and into the card front
- Stamp a balloon in second generation stamping in Night of Navy Ink and a Black string onto the card front panel to the left top of the circle die cut hole
- Run your 4-1/4 x5-1/2 panel through your machine with the Subtle EF
- Glue your embossed panel to the front of the card, lining up the circle cut out
- Stamp your sentiment onto Whisper White card stock and punch it out with the Classic Label Punch
- Adhere your Racoon to the front bottom left of the card with glue dots
- Adhere the sentiment with Mini Dimensionals
- Adhere there two small flowers to the left of the sentiment with glue dots
- Adhere a few large and small flowers to the right side of the die cut circle with liquid glue
The art piece:
- Stamp your three balloons on the Rectangle Die panel art piece as follows:
- (Make sure they see through the window on the front of the card)
- Balloons: outline in Black, balloons in Night of Navy, Garden Green and second generation Night of Navy
- Balloon strings, Black
- Adhere your squirrel and mouse with glue dots
- Add a few flowers here and there on the art piece
Pop up details:
- Score your 3 x 5-1/4 inside pop up piece at 3/4, 1-1/2 and 4-1/2 on the landscape side of the panel
- Put adhesive on the two ends of the scored pop up piece and insert into the card (this is hard to explain but hopeful the photo below helps
- Adhere your art piece right up against the left edge of the card and onto the pop up piece
- Add a small Whisper White Bakers Twine bow to the racoon and squirrel and you are done!
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: