Hi Stampers, today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. I took a few liberties with this design and converted the horizontal layout into a slim line card, (my new favorite) I used For Unto Us as my sentiment and Snowflake Splendor for the design elements. I used the NEW coming to you soon Blending Brushes on my card today. All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW, they are amazing and create the softest blending EVER. I can not wait for you to try these brushes out when you can order them in January, they are amazing. Enjoy the hop and make sure you visit our talented team of card makers
For Unto Us and Snowflake Splendor:
Card base: Misty Moonlight 8-1/2 x 7, scored at 3-1/2
Mat: Whisper White 8-1/4 x 3-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White 8-1/8 x 3-1/8
- Stamp the sentiment from the For Unto Us stamp set with Versa Mark Ink
- Sprinkle White Embossing Power over the inked sentiment, shake off the extra powder and heat emboss with your heat tool
- Using your Blending Brush ink the top 2/3 of the card with Misty Moonlight ink. Use a light touch and always start inking off the paper and move to the paper lightly and with small circular motions
- Repeat the inking with several passes until you get the color and blend that you want
- Repeat with one last inking using Night of Navy at the top to intensify the color just a bit
- After your ink has dried take a soft tissue and wipe the ink off the embossed sentiment to remover the extra ink
- Die cut your snowflakes using the So Many Snowflake Dies using Whisper White, Misty Moonlight and Silver card stock
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your art piece to the Whisper White mat
- Adhere your snowflakes to the front of the card with a small dot of liquid glue
- Cut the snowflake edges where they over hang on the side of the card with paper snips
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach Rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes and add a few to the front of the card for added sparkle
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: