Hi Stampers, today we have a sketch challenge, Poinsettia Petals takes center stage with my card design. The Heartwarming Hugs DSP paired beautifully with the bright red poinsettia to give this card a traditional Christmas touch.
Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
DSP panel: Heartwarming Hugs 4 x 5-1/4
Small mat: Mossy Meadow 2-3/4 x 4-1/8
Art piece: Whisper White die cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die that measures 2-5/8 x 4
Banner: Heartwarming Hugs 2 x 5-1/2 punched at the bottom with the Banner Triple Punch
- Stamp the two small layers of the poinsettia flower from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set onto Real Red card stock with Vera Mark Ink
- Sprinkle White Embossing Powder over the stamped images and heat emboss with your heat tool
- Die cut the two stamped images out with the coordinating Poinsettia Dies
- Glue the two poinsettia petal together
- Stamp three small poinsettia leaves with Mossy Meadow Ink onto Mossy Meadow card stock
- Die cut the three leaves out using the Poinsettia Dies
- Stamp your sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals stamp on the Whisper White art piece with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the Heartwarming DSP panel to the card front
- Adhere the 2 inch banner to the right side of the front of the card with Stampin Seal
- Adhere the art piece to the Mossy Meadow mat
- Wrap a piece of Real Red Ribbon from All the Trimming Ribbon Pack around this matted art piece
- Attach the art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your poinsettia to the right bottom of the art piece
- Tuck in the three leaves
- Add a Real Red bow from All the Trimming Ribbon Pack to the left of the poinsettia
- Add some Gilded Gems here and here for add sparkle to the front of the card and few in the center of the poinsettia
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: