Hi Stampers, Today we have a sketch challenge and I wanted to use the beautiful Poinsettia Place DSP (it is on sale too!). What would be more perfect with this paper than the Poinsettia Petals stamp set and dies! The possibilities are endless and any color poinsettia would be gorgeous. Today I use traditional Christmas colors.
Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals:
Card base: Real Red 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
DSP panels: 2- Poinsettia Place panels cut with the 3rd largest Stitched Rectangle Die
Sentiment: Whisper White 1/2 x 4 punched at the end with the Banner Triple Punch
- Stamp the 3 sizes (small, medium and large) poinsettia petals in Real Red Ink from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set onto Real Red card stock
- Stamp 3 small leaves in Old Olive Ink onto Old Olive card stock
- Stamp the berry image onto Whisper White card stock: stems: Soft Suede Ink and the berries Real Red Ink
- Die cut the poinsettia petals and leaves with the Poinsettia Dies using the outline die along with the solid embossed die on the petals and leaves
- Die cut the red berry stems with the Poinsettia Dies
- Die cut 3 solid berry stems and a poinsettia center from the Poinsettia Dies using Brushed Gold Metallic card stock
- Stamp the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the two Poinsettia Place DSP Stitched Rectangle panels onto the front of the card at an angle with Stampin Seal
- Glue the bottom (largest) poinsettia petal the front of the card
- Adhere the second (medium) poinsettia petals on top of the large petals with a Dimensional
- Adhere the third (small) poinsettia petals to the top of the medium petal with a glue dot
- Adhere your gold flower center to the poinsettia center
- Tuck the holly leaves under the poinsettia petal and adhere with a glue dot
- Tuck the red holly berries under the poinsettia petals and leaves with glue dots
- Adhere your gold solid berries in the same cluster as the red berries and adhere with glue dots
- (the reason I do the embellishments last is it is easier to know where to place the leaves and filler after the flower is in place)
- Attach your sentiment toward the bottom on the left hand side of the card with glue dots
- Adhere some Gilded Gems here and there on the front of the card
- Add some Red Rhinestones around the Gilded Gems for added sparkle
- Attach on large Gilded Gem to the poinsettia flower center
- A double Gold Cord bow from the Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack, finishes the card
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: