Hi Stampers, Today we have a sketch challenge and I was excited to use one of the new sets that came out today in the 2019 Occasions Catalog. “Piece of Cake” was in my per-order and because I loved the stamp set and the fact that it has a matching punch made it a winner in my book. You can order this set today too!
Here is the sketch:
I took a few liberties today, going from an oval panel to rectangle (new in the Occasions Catalog) and making my ribbon into a bow. I love bows and just had to tweak it a bit!
Stampin’ Up! Piece of Cake:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Balmy Blue 5-1/4 x 4
DSP: Tranquil Textures 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Stitched Rectangle: Whisper White (NEW)
Here are the details:
- Stamp the cake and cake stand image into a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Color your cake ribbons using the Balmy Blue and Rich Razzleberry Stampin Blends
- Color in the top flower with Rich Razzleberry Stampin Blends
- Color in the bottom flower with Balmy Blue Stampin Blends
- Color in the cake stand with your Mint Macaron Ink Pan and your Blender Pen
- Punch both the cake stand and cake with the coordinating punch
- Stamp your sentiment on to the Whisper White Rectangle with some Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Stamp the smaller sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it to size then adhere to the front of the rectangle with dimensionals
- Adhere your DSP to the Balmy Blue mat
- Wrap a piece of Balmy Blue Ribbon around this panel (NEW in the Sale-A-Bration Catalog)
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card with snail
- Attach your cake and stand to the Whisper White rectangle with dimensionals
- Adhere the rectangle to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Add a Balmy Blue ribbon bow
- For the finishing touches add a pearl, sequin and rhinestone
- Color in your flowers with a touch of Wink of Stella for added sparkle
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: