Hi Stampers, Today we have a color challenge using, Bumblebee, Soft Succulent, Calypso Coral, Misty Moonlight and Crumbcake. I pulled out the Nature’s Harvest Bundle from the mini catalog and the beautiful coordinating DSP, Harvest Meadow. My colors of choice for my share today use Bumblebee, Soft Succulent, and Calypso Coral. One of my favorite perennials is the cone flower (Echinacea) and I could not resist to ink this flower up for our hop. Make sure you also stop by our other creative team members to see what they created using all these wonderful colors for our Thursday blog hop.
The Color Challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Nature’s Harvest:
Card base: Basic White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Harvest Meadow DSP 4 x 5-1/4
Thin mat: Basic White 2-1/4 x 5-1/4
Embossed panel: Soft Succulent 2 x 5-1/4 Embossed with the Timeworn Type EF
Sentiment: Basic White. Stitched So Sweetly Die cut
- Stamp the cone flower image onto a piece of Watercolor Paper with Versmark Ink
- Sprinkle Black Embossing Powder over the inked image, shake off excess powder and heat emboss with your heat gun
- I used my ink refills, water and an Aqua Painter to color in my flowers and leaves as follows
- Flower: Bumble Bee
- Centers: Calypso Coral
- Leaves: Soft Succulent
- After you water color your flowers, let them dry then die cut them out using the Harvest Dies
- In the mean time die cut the wheat from a piece of Soft Succulent card stock using the Harvest Dies
- Die cut the sentiment piece from Basic White card stock using the Stitched So Sweetly Die (second to largest rectangle)
- Stamp the sentiment with Tuxedo Memento Black ink (I use the sentiment from the Beauty of Friendship stamp set
Putting the Card Together:
- Adhere the DSP mat to the front of the card with Stampin Seal
- Attach the Soft Succulent embossed panel the Basic White mat
- Adhere this matted strip to the front center of the card front
- Attach your sentiment piece to the front of the panel with Dimensionals
- Attach your wheat to the sentiment piece with liquid glue
- Attach your cone flowers on top of the wheat with liquid glue
- Add a double Gold Simply Elegant Trim bow to the flower bundle
- Adhere 3 Gold Brushed Metallic Dots to the sentiment piece and you are finished
I made another card using another color as the background. This one was Bumblebee. Which one is your favorite?
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: