Hi Stampers, today we have a new challenge. Instead of a color or sketch challenge we have a theme challenge. Today we could make a card using leaves or trees. The Life is Beautiful stamp set was a great choice to make a card with a tree theme.
Stampin’ Up! Life is Beautiful:
Card base: Cajun Craze 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Blackberry Bliss 4 x 5-1/4 embossed with the Pinewood Planks EF
DSP panel: Plaid Tidings 4 x 2-3/8
Art piece: Whisper White die cut with the rectangle Stitched die (3 x 4-3/8)
Sentiment: Whisper White 1/2 x 3-3/8
Inside: Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4
the art piece
- Stamp the tree from the Life is Beautiful stamp set in Soft Suede Ink to the left hand side of the art piece
- Ink the leaves as follows:
- Stamp the first set of leaves in Pumpkin Pie Ink
- Stamp the leaves a second time in 2nd generation Pumpkin Pie Ink off set from the first stamping
- Stamp the leaves in Crushed Curry Ink
- Stamp the leaves again in 2nd generation Crushed Curry off set from the other stamping
- Color in the bird house from the Life is Beautiful stamp set with ink to rubber as follows:
- Birdhouse: Blackberry Bliss
- Birds: Pumpkin Pie
- Birdhouse string: Soft Suede
- Stamp the birdhouse image onto the art piece
- Stamp the sentiment from the Beautiful Autumn stamp set in Versa Mark Ink
- Sprinkle Gold Emboss Powder on the sentiment and heat emboss the image
- Attach the sentiment to the bottom part of the art piece
Putting the card together:
- Attach your DSP to the bottom of the embossed Blackberry Bliss panel
- Wrap some Metallic Thread from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pac three times around the panel in the seem between the two panels of paper
- Attach this panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere your art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere some Gold and Orange sequins from the Sequins for Everything pack to the tree foliage and a few down by the sentiment
- Attach a double Metallic bow from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack to the left hand side of the art piece and you are done
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: