Hi Stampers, today for our blog hop we have a color challenge using at least 3 out of 5 color choices. The colors we could pick from were, Purple Posy, Highland Heather, Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight and Old Olive. When I looked to see what might go with the beautiful combination my selection went right to the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper. This paper had all the colors in our challenge and because the colors are so gorgeous I might have used more than three, (hehe)
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Hydrangea Haven:
Card base: Highland Heather 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Sentiment: Basic Black
making the flower:
- Die cut the following pieces from the Hydrangea Dies as follows:
- Solid flower and leaf combo: Old Olive Ink
- Outline leaf: Old Olive
- Solid flower (from the solid leaf and flower die) Hydrangea Hill DSP (I die cut only the head of the flower from this die instead of the whole image)
- Tiny flowers: A row of each in Misty Moonlight, Soft Sky, Highland Heather and Purple Posy
- After you die cut all the components, sponge the edges of the die cuts as follows:
- Old olive solid leaf: sponge in Old Olive
- Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight flowers: sponge with your sponge dauber in Misty Moonlight
- Highland Heather and Purple Posy flowers: sponge with your sponge dauber in Highland Heather
- Glue your DSP flower head to the Old Olive solid flower head (the one that is attached to the leaves
- Attach the leaf outline to the solid stem and leaves
- Curl up the edges of the tiny flower to give them a 3-D look and with liquid glue attach the tiny flowers to the DSP flower head
- With some lightweight tape attach your Whisper White art piece to the back of the Polka Dot Mask, turn your mask over and…
- Use your Stampin’ Up! Blender Brush and lightly blend some Highland Heather Ink on top of the mask, keeping it heavy on the left side of the panel and then gradually fading out as you get toward the center of the art piece.
- Ink up your sentiment from the All Thing Fabulous stamp set in Versamark Ink onto Basic Black card stock
- Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder, shake off the excess and heat set with your heat tool
- Trim the sentiment down with your paper trimmer
Putting the card together:
- Glue the art piece to the Basic Black Mat
- Attach this panel to the front of the Highland Heather card front with Dimensionals
- Attach your flower to the card front with Dimensionals
- Attach your sentiment with Mini Dimensionals
- Add a Gorgeous Grape Sheer Ribbon bow to the stem of the hydrangea with a Glue Dot
- Adhere some Rhinestones and Pastel Pearls to the front of the card and you are done.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: