Hi Stampers, Today for our hop we have a color challenge using the colors, Black, Gold and Whisper White. The Honey Bee stamp set and coordinating paper, Golden Honey from the Sale-A- Bration Catalog were the perfect pair for my share today.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Honey Bee:
Card base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Gold Foil 4 x 5-1/4
DSP panel: Golden Honey DSP 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Scallop square: Basic Black die cut with the Layering Square Dies (approx 3 x 3 size)
Art piece: Whisper White 2-7/8 x 2-7/8 embossed with the Subtle EF
Sentiment: Whisper White 5/8 x 3 punched with the Banner Triple Punch
- Stamp the bee hive image from the Honey Bee Stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White card stock with Versa Mark Ink
- Heat emboss this stamped image with Gold Embossing Powder and then die cut the Bee Hive out with the Detailed Bee Dies
- Die cut the honey comb from Whisper White card stock again using the die from the Detailed Bee Die
- Stamp one large bee from the Honey Bee stamp set onto Whisper White card stock using Black Tuxedo Memento Ink then die cut the bee with the die from the Detailed Bee Die
- Fussy cut two flower images from the Golden Honey DSP
Putting the card together:
- Attach the DSP panel to the gold mat
- Attach this stack to the front of your card
- Adhere your White art piece to the black scallop mat
- Attach this to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment from the Honey Bee stamp set with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Adere your honey comb to the left, top of the art piece
- Attach your bee hive with Dimensionals to the art piece
- Attach the sentiment on top of the bee hive
- Adhere your two flower stems and honey bee with glue dots to the bee hive
- Add a few gold embellishments from the Peaceful Poppies Sequins pack
- Tuck a few Gold Metallic Pearls around the art piece and you are done
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: