Hi Stampers, Today for our blog hop we have a sketch challenge. The Happy Birthday To You stamp set was inked up to create my card. I combined the stamp set with the gorgeous designer series paper Best Dressed to complete the design. What I am most excited about with the Happy Birthday To You set is coming February 4th. There will be a die that coordinates with this wonderful stamp set. (oh and there are a few more dies coming on February 4th too!)
I changed my sketch from horizontal to vertical and the cake is in place of the circle. Isn’t it amazing how just a few tweaks change the whole look of a card?
Stampin’ Up! Happy Birthday To You:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Lovely Lipstick 4 x 5-1/4
DSP mat: Best Dressed 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Scallop panel: Whisper White die cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
Sentiment: Whisper White punched with the Classic Label Punch
- Stamp the floral image from the Happy Birthday To You stamps set onto Whisper White card stock with Tuxedo Momento Black Ink
- Color in the the image with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Flowers: Lovely Lipstick
- Leaves: Old Olive
- Flower centers: Dark Daffodil Delight
- Die cut your floral image out with the coordinating die (coming Feb 4) or fussy cut the image out
- Stamp the cake and flower image onto the die cut Whisper White rectangle
- Color the cake with your Petal Pink Stampin Blend
- Adhere the die cut colored floral image on top of the floral image on the cake with Dimensionals
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your DSP to the Lovely Lipstick mat with snail
- Attach this to the front of the card with snail
- Adhere your Whisper White scallop panel to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set
- Punch our the sentiment with the Classic Label Punch
- Adhere the sentiment to the bottom on the cake image with glue dots
- Add a Petal Pink Metallic Edged bow to the left side of the cake
- Adhere a few Champagne Rhinestones of the art piece and you are done.
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: