Hi Stampers, today for our hop we have a color challenge using the fall colors Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock, Blackberry Bliss, Black and White. As I was deciding on my design and looking through my paper I noticed the inspiration for my card, Magic In This Night DSP. I don’t have any Halloween stamps and wondered what I could come up with, hmmm? I pulled out the Gather Together stamp set and well, the rest is history. I love these colors together and the Magic In This Night paper was the perfect starting off point. Enjoy the hop.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Gather Together:
Card base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/5
Panel: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Top DSP panel: Magic In This Night 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Bottom DSP panel: Magic In This Night 4-1/4 x 3
Stitched Rectangle: Magic In This Night DSP 3rd largest in the set
2-Extra Stitched Rectangles: Cajun Craze 3rd largest in the set
Stitched Shaped Circle: Whisper White (largest in the set)
- Using all three leaf dies from Gathered Leaves Dies cut the following:
- Press the large and small leaves into the Pretty Peacock Ink and place onto Pretty Peacock Card Stock, run these through the die cutting machine
- Press the maple leaf into the Cajun Craze Ink Pad and place the die onto Cajun Craze card stock and run this through the die cutting machine
- Press the small leaf into the Blackberry Bliss Ink Pad and place the die onto Black Berry Bliss card stock and run this through the die cutting machine
- Die cut the berries using the Black Glimmer Paper and the berry die from the Poinsettia Dies
- Stamp your sentiment onto the Stitched Shaped Circle with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink using the words from the Autumn Goodness stamp set
Putting the card together:
- Attach the 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 panel of Magic In This Night DSP onto the Basic Black 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 panel
- Attach the 4-1/4 x 3 panel of Magic In This Night DSP to the bottom of this panel
- Wrap a piece of Metallic Mesh Ribbon around this panel where the two papers meet
- Attach this panel to the front of the card
- Adhere the two Cajun Craze Rectangle Stitched panels together with glue
- Adhere the Magic In This Night DSP Stitched Rectangle to the top of the 2 Cajun Craze Rectangle Stitched panels (this just add strength and dimension to our card)
- Adhere the rectangle stack to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere the Whisper White circle to the rectangle panel off setting the circle a bit to the right with Stampin Seal
- Adhere your leaves to the left hand side of the circle with glue dots except the maple leaf which is adhere with a Dimensional
- Tuck in the black berries with glue dots
- Add a few Iridescent Pearls to the front of the card
- The finishing touch is to adhere a Metallic Mesh bow the leaf cluster and you are done
Another color combo:
I cut extra leaves as I was designing the first card and decided to make another one using other colors. Which one do you like best?
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: