Hi Stampers, today we have a sketch challenge for our hop. I am using the new Free As A Bird stamp set and the coordinating designer series paper, Bird Ballad. This is one of my favorite suites from the new catalog. Enjoy our hop and I hope you try some of the card designs our group made today.
Stampin’ Up! “Free As A Bird”:
Card base: Petal Pink 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Soft Suede 5-1/4 x 4
DSP: Bird Ballad 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
- Stamp your bird image from the Free As A Bird stamp set into a piece of Whisper White card stock with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink.
- Stamp two large, one small flower and few leaf images into a piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Color your birds with your Stampin Blends using Light Calypso Coral for the body. Leave the tummy void of color and use the color lifter to soften the edges of the coloring.
- Using your and dark and light Soft Suede Stampin Blends, color the wings and heads.
- Color in the leaves and the extra stamped leaves with your Old Olive Stampin Blends.
- Color in the flowers, and the extra flowers with your Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends.
- Fussy Cut the extra flowers and leaves with your paper snips.
- Die cut the colored bird image with your Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the DSP panel to the Soft Suede mat.
- Adhere this panel to the card front with dimensionals.
- Adhere your art piece to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Add your extra leaves and flowers to the bottom left corner of the art piece.
- Add on small flower to the top right of the art piece.
- Adhere small pearls to the center of the flowers.
- Color is a few small pearls using the dark Calypso Coral Stampin Blend and add them here and there to the front of the card.
- Add a double White Bakers Twine bow to the flower cluster and you are done.
This is the original card that I did when creating for our blog hop. When I make a card I just start playing and usually have extra pieces as I color and stamp. This was the first card I did for the hop. I then made the one I showcased for the blog. Which one do you like best?
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: