Hi Stampers, today I we had a color challenge using Pool Party, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight. I decided to ink up my Free As A Bird stamp set again for the hop. I made two different cards and had a hard time choosing which one I liked best for our hop. (You can see the other one on my Alternate Monday blog coming soon). Enjoy our hop today and please take a peek at the posts from our talented group of stampers.
The Color Challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Free As A Bird:
Card base: Daffodil Delight 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Bird Ballad DSP 5-1/4 x 4
Mat: Pool Party 4-5/8 x 3-3/8
DSP panel: Brights 6×6 paper pack in Daffodil Delight 4-1/2 x 3-1/4
Scallop: Pool Party
Art piece: Whisper White Layering Stitched Dies
Sentiment: 3/4 x 3 Punched with the Triple Banner Punch
- Stamp your bird image from the “Free As A Bird” Stamp Set twice, once on a scrap piece of Whisper White Card Stock and once onto the Whisper White Stitched Layering Framelit art piece. (Stamp it slightly off the edge of the circle, so the tail gets get off a bit)
- Stamp the leaf image at the feet of the little bird image
- Color in the images with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Leaves: Old Olive, Both Birds: Pool Party, Bird Breast: Daffodil Delight, Stem: Soft Suede
- With your paper snips, cut out the wing portion of the bird that you colored in on the scrap piece of Whisper White card stock
- Attach the cut out wing to the other bird with Mini Stampin Dimensionals
- Adhere your art piece to the Pool Party Scallop Circle
Putting The Card Together:
- Adhere the Bird Ballad DSP panel to the front of the card
- Adhere your smaller panel of Brights DSP to the Pool Party mat
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card with Stampin Dimensionals
- Adhere your art piece to the front left of the card with Stampin Dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment onto the whisper White banner piece and attach to the front of the card with glue dots
- Add a Whisper White Polka Dot Bow with glue dots
- Adhere a few sequins and pearls to the front to the art piece and card front.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: