Hi Stampers, Today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. After looking through my stamps I decided to use the Floral Essence stamp set because I wanted to color in an image. The flower in this set is so pretty and it was calling to be inked and colored today.
Stampin’ Up! Floral Essence:
Card base: Calypso Coral 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Panel: Calypso Coral 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Embossed with the Hammered Metal EF
Art piece: Whisper White, die cut with the third largest Rectangle Stitched Die
Sentiment: Whisper White 1/2 x 5
the art piece:
- Stamp the background flowers using the two floral images from Floral Essence
- Stamp the large flower in the background (top left) with second generation stamping in Calypso Coral Ink
- Stamp the other large flower (bottom, left) in Calypso Coral
- Stamp the smaller image flower (bottom right) in second generation stamping in Calypso Coral
- Create a mask using post it note tape for the large and small flower images
- Mask off the flowers and stamp the leaf image in Granny Apple Green around the flowers
- Stamp your large flower on a piece of Whisper White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Color in your flower with your Calypso Coral Stampin Blends
- Fussy cut your flower out
- Stamp some leaves in Granny Apple Green using the leaf image from the Floral Essence stamp set (stamp a few second generation leaves too) onto Whisper White card stock
- Punch the leaves out using the Leaf Punch
- Punch the ends of your sentiment piece with the Banner Tripe punch at both ends
- Stamp a sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays onto the sentiment piece
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around your Calypso Coral embossed panel
- Adhere this panel to the front of the card
- Attache your art piece to the middle of the card with Dimensionls
- Adhere your large flower to the center of the stamped flowers with Dimensionals
- Tuck in three leaf clusters under the large flower with Glue Dots
- Attach your sentiment on top of the lower portion of the flower with glue dots
- Add a Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Bow to the left hand side of the flower image
- Add a Floral Essence Floral Center to the large flower
- Attach some Calypso Coral Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots and a few Pearls to the front of your card and you are finished
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: