Hi Stampers, today we have a color challenge that just happens to work great with the Dandy Garden DSP colors. We could pick at least 3 colors using Bumble Bee, Mossy Meadow, Misty Moonlight, Calypso Coral and Blackberry Bliss. I ended up making 3 card using so many paper combos but the card I am showcasing today is using Mossy Meadow, Bumble Bee and Calypso Coral. Thank you to Mary Knabe for the inspiration for my card this week.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Dandy Garden and Butterfly Brilliance:
Card base: Mossy Meadow 4-1/4 x 11 (cut off 1-3/4 from one end. This will be the extra piece that is placed vertically on the front of the card
Dandy Garden DSP: 2- 4 x 1-5/8
Dandy Garden DSP (coordinating piece) 1-1/2 x 4
Card insert: Basic White 4 x 5-1/4
- Stamp your butterflies from the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set onto a piece of Basic White card stock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Color in the butterflies as follows:
- Body: Smokey Slate Stampin Blends
- Wings portion closets to the body in Calypso Coral Stampin Blends
- Outside wing portion, Bumble Bee Ink and your Blending Brush.
- (You could do the whole butterfly in Ink and Blending Brushes or your Blends or Stampin Markers as alternate choices for coloring
- I fussy cut the 2 butterflies out with my paper snips (you could also die cut the butterflies out with the Brilliant Wings Dies)
Putting the card together:
- Score each end of the card front at 1-7/8 (this forms the two flaps)
- Adhere the two DSP panels to the front flaps of the card
- Adhere the coordinating Dandy Garden DSP to the Mossy Meadow panel that you cut from end of the card (4-1/4 x 1-3/4)
- Attach this vertical panel to the right side of the card front with Dimensionals (only adhering the top portion)
- Attach your insert inside the card
- Close your card up so you will know the placement of the sentiment
- Any sentiment will do as long as it fits in the space to the left of the vertical panel
- I used the sentiment from the Lovely You stamp set in Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Adhere your two butterflies with glue dots to the vertical panel
- Add a Lady Bug Trinket with a Glue Dot underneath the sentiment
- Add some Wink of Stella to the butterfly wings
- Adhere a Rhinestone to each butterflies head and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: