Hi Stampers, today we had a color challenge of Basic Gray, Basic Black and White, WHOA, what to do with those colors? The Classic Garage Designer Series Paper worked beautifully. I had my paper all cut and my card designed when I realized that the paper though in the Spring Catalog until the end of the month has already sold out, (bummer) Please enjoy my share and know that ANY paper will work for this design. You will see another example on my Alternate Monday blog this next week. As a group we also decided we could add one accent color to help make the color challenge well, more colorful. I chose Tranquil Tide because I wanted to use is one more time before it retires and the end of the month too.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Classic Garage:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Tranquil Tide 4 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
DSP: Classic Garage
Sentiment: Whisper White 5/8 x 4-1/4 punched with the Triple Banner Punch
Here are the detail:
- Cut strips of all the different DSP papers you want to use. I cut mine at 1/2, and 5/8 but feel free to use any size you wish or not measure at all.
- Glue your strips of DSP paper onto the Whisper White art piece in any design you choose. (I did 3 different patterns)
- The strips will hang over the edge. When your are done gluing, turn your card over and cut along the back side of the mat to trim all the pieces to size
- Stamp your sentiment in either black our your accent color, I used Tranquil Tide
- Stamp your sentiment on the card front or tag, depending on your design.
- Add a ribbon knot and Classic Garage embellishment and you are done, How easy is that!
Here is another version of the same card:
And another design:
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: