Hi Stampers, today for out hop we have a theme challenge called “Things With Wings” I thought of birds, dragonflies and then butterflies. I decided to ink up the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set. I also used my new blending brushes, the combination of the butterflies and blending brushed worked out great. Enjoy all the cards that our team created today.
Stampin’ Up! Butterfly Brilliance:
Card base: Basic Black 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Polished Pink 4 x 5-1/4
Art piece: Basic White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Circle and Mat: Polished Pink and Basic White die cut the the Layering Circle Dies
Sentiment: Basic Black: 5/8 x 3-1/2
- Using your Blending Brushes blend ink onto your art piece with the following colors:
- Polished Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Bermuda Bay
- Mount your art piece onto the Polished Pink mat
- Die cut the solid butterfly image from the Brilliant Wings Die from Basic Black card stock
- Die cut the detailed butterfly from the Brilliant Wings Die from Basic White
- Take our die cut detailed white butterfly and put some Polished Pink ink toward the center of the butterfly with your Blending Brush
- Adhere your black butterfly to your white butterfly with liquid glue
- Adhere your Polished Pink scallop mat to the Basic White die cut circle from the Layering Dies
- Punch tails to each end of the sentiment piece with the Pick a Banner Punch
- Stamp the Thank You from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set with Versa Mark Ink
- Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and heat set the sentiment with a heat gun
Putting your card together:
- Wrap a piece of Polished Pink ribbon around your matted art piece
- Adhere your matted art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Glue your Basic White circle to the Polished Pink scallop mat
- Attach the matted circle to the left hand side of the card front with Dimensionals
- Adhere your butterfly to the top of the matted circle with glue dots
- Attach your sentiment with a glue dot onto the circle
- Add a Polished Pink bow to the left hand side of the circle
- Add some Matt Black Dots to the front of the card along with some Polished Pink In-Color Gems and you are done
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: