Hi Stampers, Today we have a color challenge of Mango Melody, So Saffron and Old Olive. I wanted to use the new Blossom In Bloom stamp set for my share today and had so much fun getting a new stamp set inky. This set will be available to order on June 3rd, only a few days from now, YIPPEE. I had fun making a tri-fold gate card and now want to make this card several more times trying the design in different colors.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Blossoms In Bloom:
Card base: Whisper White 2-5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Mango Melody 2- 5-1/4 x 2
Art piece: Whisper White 5-1/8 x 3-3/4
Sentiment: Whisper White 3- 5 1/4 x 4
Inside panel: Whisper White 5-1/4 x 4
- Stamp your flower image onto your 5-1/8 x 3-3/4 Whisper White art piece as follows:
- Large floral image is stamped in Mango Melody Ink
- Small flowers are stamped in So Saffron Ink
- Flower centers: large flowers are stamped in Black Ink and the small flowers are stamped in Mango Melody
- All leaves are stamped in Old Olive (some are second generation stamping to give a lighter hue)
- Cut your art piece in half so that is measures 5-1/8 x 1-78
- Mat your two art piece strips onto the Mango Melody mats
- Stamp your sentiment using the the saying from Blossoms In Bloom stamp set in Tuxedo Memento Black Ink
- I stamped the sentiment once in the middle of the paper and then filled in on each side of the happy birthday to make sure is was centered
- After I stamped the sentiment I stacked two more layers of Whisper White card stock underneath to give it more strength and dimension
Putting the card together:
- Score your 2 cards (that measure 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 folded dimensions) and score each end at at 2-1/8
- Adhere both card backs together with the folded edges on each end
- Mount your matted art piece to each of the small folded ends of the card
- Adhere your sentiment to the top art piece making sure the glue is only on the top part of the sentiment strip so your card opens up
- Decorate the inside panel (Whisper White 5-1/4 x 4) with more flower and leaves
- Add a double Linen Thread bow to the left of the sentiment panel
- Adhere and few Rhinestones and your card is complete
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: