Hi Stampers, Today for our hop we have a color challenge of Bermuda Bay, Grapefruit Grove and Daffodil Delight. If you look at the colors in the Birthday Bonanza DSP, all the colors are in that darling paper and perfect for a starting off point for my card. I saw a technique called ‘Scrappy Strip Technique” and thought, great technique for all the bits and pieces that I have left of this paper. I did not purchase the dies or stamp set so all I had was the paper to work with. It worked out beautifully, great paper in a fun design, a win, win in my book. I watched a great how to videos on this technique. I want to give a shout out to Bruno Bertucci for the great instructions.
The color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Birthday Bonanza:
Card base: Bermuda Bay 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Basic Black 5-1/4 x 4
Panel for scrappy strip technique: Basic Black 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Strips of DSP 5-1/2 by any dimension your make the strips
Sentiment: Whisper White Stitched Shaped Circle Die (second to largest)
Sentiment mat: Bermuda Bay Layering Circle Die
- Cut strips of your DSP with your paper trimmer making them5-1/2 by any cut you want, just put them in the trimmer at an angle and just cut away, thin, thick it does not matter
- Start by gluing the first strip onto the edge of the Basic Black panel, right along the edge
- Proceed to layer each strip next to the previous strip leaving an ever so slight gap in between ( the strips will overhang on the top and bottom of the card)
- When you are done gluing the strips across the Basic Black panel. trim the bits off the card by putting the art piece facing down in your trimmer, and cut all the extra bits off
- Mount your art piece onto the Basic Black mat
Putting the card together:
- Wrap a piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine around the Scrappy Panel and mat
- Mount this to the card front with Dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment using the words from Seaside Notions onto the Whisper White Circle
- Mount the sentiment onto the Bermuda Bay Scalloped Circle
- Adhere this to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Add a double Whisper White Bakers Twine bow
- Color in some Rhinestones with your Dark Bermuda Bay Stampin Blend and adhere to the card front
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: