Hi Stampers, today for our hop we have a sketch challenge. Inking up the Birds and Branches stamp set was so fun. Birds and Branches was one of the first sets I ordered. I love birds and have several feeders out in the backyard so I can see all the winged birdies that visit the garden. Right now I have a Chickadee nesting in one of my birdhouses which inspired my color choices for my card. Enjoy the hop today and do visit all the other talented ladies that have created cards today.
Stampin’ Up! Birds and Branches:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: In Good Taste DSP 4 x 5-1/4
Mat strip: Whisper White 2-1/4 x 5-1/4
Embossed strip: Early Espresso 2 x 5-1/4 Embossed with the Greenery EF
Art Piece: Whisper White largest Circle Stitched Shape Die
- Stamp the images from the Birds and Branches onto Whisper White card stock as follows:
- Bird nest: Ink in Soft Suede and add some Early Espresso at the bottom of the nest with a sponge dauber to give the nest some dimension
- Birds: Ink the solid bird image with Crumb Cake and then follow with the details bird image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Eggs: Ink with Crumb cake and add some Early Espresso Ink with a sponge dauber at the bottom for shadow
- Die cut the nest, birds and eggs using the coordinating Birds and More Die
- Die cut the leaves twice using the die from Birds and More in Old Olive and once in Granny Apple Green card stock.
- Shadow the Old Olive leaves with some Mossy Meadow ink and a sponge dauber
- Stamp your sentiment onto the Circle using the saying from Many Mates stamp set
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your In Good Taste DSP to the front of the card with adhesive
- Adhere your Early Espresso embossed panel to the Whisper White mat strip
- Adhere this to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your circle art piece to the center of the thin panel strip
- Adhere your Old Olive greenery to the bottom of the circle (I cut the ends off to make the greenery a bit shorter)
- Cut up the Granny Apple Green greenery and tuck it among the Old Olive greenery for add color
- Attach your nest to the bottom of the circle and on top of the greenery with Dimensionals
- Tuck one bird underneath the nest on the left with Glue Dots
- Attach the other bird with Dimensionals on the topside of the bird nest on the bottom right side
- Tuck in the 3 eggs and attach with Glue Dots
- Add a double Linen Thread bow to the left bottom on the bird nest
- Adhere some medium and small pearls here and there to the front of the card and your are finished
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: