Hi Stampers, today we have a sketch challenge and I wanted to use a stamp set that is retiring because I just purchased it not too long ago and have not even inked it up yet. I love the bird in this image and hope you enjoy my share for the hop. Thank you to my dear friend Jeanne Chase for the inspiration for my little bird.
Here is the sketch:
Stampin’ Up! Better With You:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Bermuda Bay 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Mango Melody 4 x 5-1/4
Mat: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
DSP: Wood Textures 3-1/4 x 4-1/2
Circle: Whisper White Circle Stitched Shaped Framelit
Sentiment: Whisper White 5/8 x 4-3/4 punched at each end with the Triple Banner Punch
Here are the details:
- Stamp your bird image in Versa Mark ink onto a piece of watercolor paper
- Emboss with black Embossing Powder and heat set with your heat gun
- Using your Aqua Painter and drops from your re-inker paint the bird as follows:
- Head and feathers: Bermuda Bay
- Body and some feathers: Mango Melody and darkened a bit with Pumpkin Pie
- Branch: Soft Suede and Early Espresso
- Fussy cut your bird out after he dries
- Adhere your DSP mat to the Whisper White mat
- Adhere this panel to the Mango Melody Mat
- Wrap a piece of Linen Thread around the matted stack and attache to the front of the card with dimesional
- Adhere your circle to the card front with dimensionals
- Attach your bird to the circle with green glue
- Add your stamped sentiment to the bottom of the card
- Add a double Linen Thread bow to the right of the art piece
- Color in some Rhinestones with your Bermuda Bay Blender Pen and add these along with a few Pearls to the front of the card
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: