Hi Stampers, Today we have a color challenge using a beautiful color combination of Pretty Peacock, Old Olive and Blueberry Bushel. There is a beautiful DSP pack that coordinates with these colors called Nobel Peacock but since I do not have the paper or the stamp set, I put my thinking cap on and came up with another way to use this amazing color trio.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Band Together:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Blueberry Bushel 5-1/4 x 4
Embossed piece: Whisper White 5-1/8 x 3-7/8 using the Basket Weave Embossing Folder
Here are the details:
The flower and leaves:
- Stamp your flower and leaves from the Band Together Stamp Set with Vera Mark Ink onto watercolor paper
- Sprinkle Black Emboss Power over the images and heat set with your heat gun
- Watercolor the flowers with your Aqua Painter and Blueberry Bushel and Pretty Peacock and Old Olive re-inkers
- Your flower center is colored with your Daffodil Delight re-inker and Aqua Painter
- The leaves are colored using your Aqua Painter and Old Olive, Pretty Peacock and Daffodil Delight re-inkers
- After your images are dry, fussy cut them out. (if you are a tidy painter you can use the dies from the Detailed Band Dies) I guess I am not a tidy painter and I went outside the lines which is why I fussy cut mine out. LOL
- Die cut your band from the Details Bands Die in Blueberry Bushel card stock
- Cut another identical band using Whisper White card stock. (this is for your sentiment)
- Adhere your Embossed mat to the Blueberry Bushel mat
- Attach this panel to the front of the card
- Adhere the Detailed Band to the front of the card
- Stamp your sentiment from the Band Together Stamp Set onto the Whisper White insert
- Attach the sentiment to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Attach your flower with dimensionals
- Attach your leaves with glue dots
- Add some Pearls cluster, coloring some with your dark Night of Navy Stampin Blend (it matched the best with the Blueberry Bushel)
- You are done!
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: