Hi Stampers, Well it is time to start my Alternate Monday share again.
What is Alternate Monday??? That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Sweet Little Stockings Card:
Card base: Basic White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Cherry Cobbler 4 x 5-1/4
DSP panel: Sweet Stockings 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Thin mat: Cherry Cobbler: :cut to fit around the Stocking Die
Embossed piece: Basic White die cut from the Stocking Die and them embossed with the Tasteful Textile EF
Die cut stockings of your choice from the piece of Sweet Stocking DSP and the coordinating die from the Stocking Dies
- Stamp the dog, candy cane, gift, and Santa hat onto Basic White card stock with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Color in the images with your Stampin Blends as follows:
- Cherry Cobbler: hat, candy cane and strips on package
- Old Olive: ribbon on package
- Cinnamon Cider: puppy
- After you color in your images use the coordinating dies from the Stocking Dies to die cut the images out
- Die cut the holly, berries and star with the Jolly Felt using he dies from the Stocking Dies
- Stamp the “Sending Lots of Love” sentiment from the Sweet Little Stocking stamp set with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink
- Die cut the sentiment using your paper trimmer to 3/8 x 3
Putting the card together:
- Adhere the DSP to the Cherry Cobbler mat and attach to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Adhere the Embossed piece to the Cherry Cobbler mat and attach to the right, front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your two stocking to the embossed panel with liquid glue
- Attach the dog on to the left stocking with Dimensionals glue the Santa hat to his head with glue
- Attach your package and candy cane inside the right hand side stocking with liquid glue
- Attach the sentiment to the bottom of the embossed panel with Dimensionals
- Glue the felt holly and berries to the Santa hat on the puppy and the right hand side of the right stocking
- Attach a Bumblebee felt star to the left hand side stocking and you are done
Kitty Version of the same card:
Here is another card done the same way but using different DSP a the cat instead of the dog. Which one do you like best?
Here is the card from the Thursday Blog hop that inspired today ‘Alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: