Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Basket of Blooms:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: 6×6 In-Color DSP in Magenta Madness
Art piece: Whisper White die cut the Stitched Rectangle Die 4-3/4 x 3-3/8
- Stamp your flower pot scene using the Basket in Blooms stamp set onto a large piece of Whisper White card stock as follows:
- Stamp your elongated basket with Tuxedo Black Ink, then stamp on top of the black image with Bumble Bee Ink
- Make a mask of the elongated basket, cover the basket and ink the flower pot to the left of the basket
- Remove the mask (the flower pot will look like it is behind the basket
- Color in the flower pot with Cinnamon Cider Stampin Blends
- Color your basket with Bumblebee Stampin Blends (I did not make this coloring solid, colored over the hash marks to give the basket more dimension)
- Mask off both the flower pot and basket and stamp the leaves using the stamps from Basket of Blooms
- Color in the leaves using your Just Jade Stampin Blends
- Stamp your sentiment with Black Ink using the sentiment from Peaceful Moments
- Die cut your scene out with the Rectangle Stitched Die
- On a scrape piece of Whisper White card stock stamp 3 large flowers and 3 small flowers from the Basket in Blooms stamp set (All with Tuxedo Mememto Black Ink)
- Color in the large flowers with Magenta Madness Stampin Blends and the small flowers with Bumblebee Stampin Blends
- Stamp three extra single leaves and color those with Just Jade Stampin Blends
- Punch the large flowers out with the Small Blooms Punch
- Fussy cut with scissors your small yellow flowers and extra leaves
Putting the card together:
- Adhere your Magenta Madness DSP to the front of the card
- Adhere your art piece to the front of the card with Dimensionlas
- Attach your three large flowers with a glue dot and two with Dimensionals
- Adhere your small flowers with glue dots
- Tuck in and adhere your extra leaves to the arrangement with glue dots (I added the extra leaves where they overhang onto the flower pot so they stand out against the coloring on the flower pot)
- Add a double Linen Thread bow to the left of the flower pot
- Adhere Bumblebee Enamel Dots to the center of the Magenta Madness flowers
- Adhere Magenta Madness Enamel Dots to the center of the Bumblebee flowers
- Add on Enamel dot by the sentiment and you are done
Here is the card from our Thursday Blog Hop that inspired my Alternate Look:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: