Happy Monday Stampers, Its Alternate Monday time!
What is Alternate Monday??? This means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Sparkle of the Season:
Card base: Real Red 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Mossy Meadow 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Embossed panel: Basic White 3-3/4 x 5 Embossed with the Timeworn Type EF
DSP strip: Heartwarming Hugs 2-1/4 x 5
- Die cut two Christmas wreaths from the Seasonal Swirl Dies, one in Mossy Meadow and one in Pear Pizzazz
- Stamp 2 holly branches in Mossy Meadow from the Sparkle of the Season Stamp set onto Basic White card stock
- Stamp 2 pine branches in Pear Pizzazz from the Sparkle of the Season Stamp set onto Basic White card stock
- Die cut these stamped images out using the Seasonal Swirls Dies
- Die cut 3 twigs from the Intricate Leaves Dies in Red Foil DSP (from the Green and Red Foil Pack)
- Die cut the tiny holly leaves from the Seasonal Swirl Dies in Mossy Meadow card stock
- Die cut a Basic White circle from the Layering Circle Die to fit the underside of the wreaths
- Stamp the sentiment from the Sparkle of the Season stamp set onto a piece of Real Red card stock using Versamark Ink
- Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and then heat set the sentiment
- Cut the sentiment 5/8 x 3
Putting The Card Together:
- Adhere the Basic White embossed panel to the Mossy Meadow mat
- Attach this to the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Attach your DSP panel strip to the left of the card front with Stampin Seal
- Glue the two wreaths together using a touch of liquid glue to the Basic White die cut circle
- Mount the wreath of the front of the card with Dimensionals
- Start arranging your leaves and twigs on the left hand side of the wreath with liquid glue (I stared with the twigs and worked my way from there)
- Make a small bow from Real Red Shimmer ribbon and adhere it to the middle of the leaf arrangement
- Tuck in and adhere you sentiment with Mini Dimensionals
- Add a few Real Red Rhinestones to the wreath and you are done
Here is the card from our Thursday blog hop that inspired this “alternate” look
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 8 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: