Hi Stampers: Today I am sharing a thank you card that I make for a wonderful group of friends. These wonderful ladies all made generous contributions to a local charity called “Boxes of Love”. This group puts together boxes with clothes and supplies for foster babies in the Portland Oregon area. It is a way to show these precious little ones they are loved and wanted. I wanted to let these dear friends know how much I appreciated their contributions by making a very special thank you card for each of them. The box they generously gave to was for a baby girl. My promise was to match their contributions, so my donation was to fill a baby boy box. My heart was overflowing with gratitude for all these friends who did so much to help this cause. Together we can make a difference.
Stampin’ Up! Something for Baby thank you card:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Pink Pirouette 4 x 5-1/4
Embossed piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
- On the art piece stamp the stripes in Pink Pirouette with the stamp from Gorgeous Grunge
- Stamp the splatter in Crumb Cake with the stamp from Gorgeous Grunge
- Ink your desired sentiment in Tuxedo Black Ink
- Emboss this piece with the Softy Falling Embossing Folder
- Attach the art piece to the pink Pirouette mat
- Wrap a Crumb Cake ribbon about the piece
- Attach to the card base
Here are the details:
- Stamp the onsie in Pink Pirouette and cut out with the matching die
- Stamp the large pink flower with the Petite Petals stamp in Pink Pirouette and punch with the coordinating punch
- Punch the tiny flowers in Flirty Flamingo with the retired mini flower punch
- Attach the flowers with glue dots
- Add pearls to the center of the flowers
- Add a Metallic Heart embellishment to the front of the onsie.
- Add a matching Crumb Cake bow with a glue dot
- Add an extra Flirty Flamingo flower to the card front
Here are the boxes we filled:
There are enough clothes to help these babies from birth to 24 months. From outfits, pj’s, blankets and burp clothes, books and bottles, these babies will get a great loving start to their lives.
Here is the link to Boxes of Love if you are interesting in helping with this charity, www.boxesofloveproject.0rg
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: