Hi Stampers, Today we have a color challenge using Pool Party, Garden Green and Soft Suede. I already used this color combo last week when I created with the Tutti Frutti DSP, so this week I had to think of solid paper to inspire me because I did not have any other DSP with those colors. Then an idea popped into my head…make your own DSP with the Petal Passion DSP paper. What fun I had coloring in my flowers to match perfectly with the colors from the challenge!!!
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Petal Palette:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Pool Party 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Soft Suede 4 x 5-1/4
DSP layer: Petal Palette 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Vellum layer: 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Here are the details:
- Color in the large flower on the Petal Palette DSP with your Pool Party Stampin Blends
- Color in your leaves with a blender pen and Garden Green ink
- Color in the tiny flowers with your blender pen and Soft Suede ink
- Adhere this panel to your Soft Suede mat and attach to your card base with Fast Fuse
- Cut out a large Whisper White Circle from the Stitched Framelits
- Cut out a 1-1/2 by 4 Pool Party strip and punch the end with the Triple Banner Punch
- Cut out the lace piece with Soft Suede card stock
- Adhere your Vellum to the colored and inked DSP (only adhere it where it will be covered up by the circle and banner piece so your adhesive don’t show)
- Attach the banner to the front of the card and then layer the lacy piece on top of the banner piece
- Attach your circle to the front of the card
- Stamp the floral and bird image in Tuxedo Black ink onto a piece of Whisper White card stock
- Color in the flower with your Pool Party Stampin Blends
- Color in the leave with Garden Green in and your Blender Pen
- Color in your bird with Soft Suede ink and your Blender Pen
- Die cut these two images out and place on the front of your card
- Stamp your sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink and stamp right above the Soft suede lacey piece onto the circle
- Add your Pool Party bow a blue Sequin and a few pearls and your card in complete
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: