Hi Stampers, Well the holidays are behind us and as we gear up for the new year, I hope this finds you all happy and well. Today we had a color challenge and after so many fun and festive Christmas cards I had to switch gears a bit. As much fun as it is to make happy cards, there are times that we need to make those special cards of sympathy. When I saw the colors of this challenge they spoke to me as a way to create a memorable card for someone that we lost over the Thanksgiving holiday. So with a very special family in mind, this is for you. Made with love for all of you.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin Up Lovely As A Tree:
Here is the card recipe:
Card Base: Smokey Slate 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Basic Black 5-3/8 x 4-1/8
Mat: Pool Party 5-1/4 x 4
Mat: Very Vanilla 4-5/8 x 2-3/8
Art Piece: Shimmery White 4-1/2 x 2-1/4
Sentiment: Very Vanilla 3/4 x 4-3/4 punch with the triple banner punch. Inked with Staz on Black
For the art piece:
- Make a mask using post it note tape and your 1-3/8 inch circle punch, adhere to the art piece
- Using a sponge dauber and your calypso coral ink with a light touch sponge on ink to the bottom of the card working your way up to just shy of the middle
- Using a clean sponge dauber and your pool party ink with a light touch sponge the pool party ink from the top down keep the middle of the art piece clear of ink
- Remove your mask
- Ink up your stamp from Lovely as a Tree in Staz on Black ink and stamp your image
- Adhere to the very vanilla mat and adhere to your card with dimensionals.
- Make a loop with your crochet ribbon and tie with a thick calypso coral bakers twine bow.
Here is our team:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: