Hi Stampers, For today’s hop we all had a color challenge. We used Berry Burst (love that color), Lemon Lime Twist, (oh, love that color too!) and Black. My head was spinning trying to decide what stamp set to use. I ended up using several and it was a blast playing with my “stuff” I did have inspiration from a Tic Tac Toe challenge. I did not get my card done in time to submit it to the contest but, I did use the dot, die cut and square as inspiration for my card today.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Lemon Zest:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Berry Burst 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Tutti Frutti 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Square mat: Basic Black, cut from the Layering Square Framelits
Square art piece: Whisper White, cut from the Circle Stitched Framelits
Here are the details:
The cup details:
- Stamp the cup outline using Archival Black ink using the stamp from Coffee Cafe, cut it out with the matching die
- With your Aqua Painter and Lemon Lime Twist ink, color in the cup. I started from the bottom and allowed the ink to run out by the time I was at the top of the cup to give it a graduated color look
- Stamp the lime in Lemon Lime Twist Ink using the stamp from Lemon Zest
- Cut the lime slice out with your Layering Circle Framelit
- Stamp your straw with Berry Burst Ink using the Coffee Cafe stamp set
- Die cut the straw with the matching framelit
The sentiment and square:
- Cut a Basic Black scallop square from the Layering Square Framelits
- Cut a Whisper White square from the Layering Stitched Framelit
- Stamp some bubbles in Lemon Lime Twist ink onto the white square using the stamp from Bubble Over
Attaching the pieces:
- Attach your white square to the black scallop mat and attach to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Cut into the lime slice and attach to the top of the cup
- Attach your cup and slice to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Adhere your straw to the front of the cup
- Stamp three flowers from the Colorful Seasons stamp set. 2 in Berry Burst and 1 in Lemon Lime Twist
- Stamp your Sentiment onto the Whisper White banner in Berry Burst using the happy birthday from Bird Banter ( 3/4 x 3-1/2 inches)
- Cut a tail with your Banner Triple Punch and add a White Bakers Twine Bow to the left side
- Attach the sentiment to the front of the card, tucking in under the cup and on top of the square bubble piece
- Adhere your flower adding a rhinestone center to each of them
- I decided I just had to add the Tutti Frutti sequins and a Berry Burst Glitter dot to the bubbles for added pop
- The final detail was 3 water drops from the Clear and Epoxy Shapes pack.
Here is the team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: