Hi Stampers, Today we have a sketch challenge. I had an idea to use the Joseph Coat technique along with the Winter Woods stamp set to give my card a true fall feeling. Well, after 4 attempts I found the color combination that I was happy with. How fun it was to play and experiment. I have not used this technique in a few years and thought it was time to try it again. I hope you try it too! You can use it on so many stamp sets from fall leaves to dragonflies and flowers. Give it a try and let me know what you create.
Here is the sketch:
I flipped my sketch from vertical to horizontal to take advantage of the Winter Woods stamp set
Stampin’ Up! Joseph Coat and Winter Woods:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Very Vanilla 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Very Vanilla 5-1/4 x 4 Embossed with the Pinewood Planks EF
Art piece mat: Pumpkin Pie 4-1/8 x 3-1/4
Art piece: Very Vanilla 4 x 3-1/8
Sentiment: Very Vanilla 3-1/4 x 3/4
The art piece and Joseph Coat technique:
- using your sponge daubers with Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight Inks, rub random circles all over the front of the art piece, smudging the colors together so there are no hard edges
- With your Vera Mark ink, stamp the tree image onto the art piece with all the color rubbed on it
- Sprinkle clear embossing powder over your stamped image and then heat set with your heat gun
- With another sponge Dauber cover the entire image including the trees in Early Espresso Ink. (The ink will resist the tree image that has been heat embossed with the clear emboss powder)
- After a few coats of Early Espresso ink, take a clean paper towel and rub the excess ink off the trees
- Mount your art piece onto the Pumpkin Pie mat
- Wrap a piece of Braided Trim around the base of the art piece
- Mount your embossed panel to the card front
- Mount your matted art piece to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Stamp two leaves from the Colorful Seasons stamp set, one in Daffodil Delight and one in Pumpkin Pie. Die cut the leaves with the matching die
- Stamp your sentiment from the Country Home stamp set using your Stampin Markers in Early Espresso and Pumpkin Pie
- Mount your sentiment with dimensionals to the front of the card
- Add a Braided Trim bow and your leaves to the left side of the sentiment
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: