Hi Stampers, today for our hop we all had a color challenge. The colors we are working with are Marina Mist, Old Olive and White. When I originally thought about these colors I was going to use a floral from the Sweet Soiree DSP and make a really frilly card. Well, I did use a piece of the paper from that pack ( a simple patterned paper) but changed gears and inked up an old favorite from the Jar of Love stamp set. I did stay true to the color challenge and ended up with a more subtle simple card, I hope you like it! There is no fluffy bow on this card, I think that might be a first, LOL
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up! Jars of Love:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Sweet Soiree DSP 4 x 5-1/4
Small mat: Old Olive 3-1/8 x 4-1/8
Art Piece: Whisper White 3 x 4
Here are the details:
Stamp all images onto Whisper White card stock using the Jars of Love stamp set and matching dies
- Jar: Tuxedo Black ink, water: stamped off Marina Mist and stems are Crumb Cake. After stamping you then die cut the jar out
- Background foliage: Crumb cake
- Stems and bow: Crumb Cake
- Die cut foliage: Old Olive
- Flowers: stamp two in Marina Mist, the shaded part is stamped twice in Marina Mist to give more contrast.
- Flowers: stamp one in Crumb Cake (second generation stamping) then the shadow is full strength Crumb Cake
- Tiny flowers: stamped with Marina Mist using second generation stamping (stamped off once) then stamp the shadow full strength Marina Mist.
- Stamp your jar image onto the art piece, this gives you a good image as to where to adhere your die cut jar so you can stamp your stems
- Stamp your Crumb Cake foliage
- Adhere your die cut jar to the front of our art piece OVER the previously stamped jar
- Tuck in the Marina Mist flowers with glue dots
- Adhere your Crumb Cake flower with a dimensional
- Tuck in your Old Olive foliage
- Stamp the HEY onto a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut free hand tiny tag. Sponge the edges and adhere to the front of jar
- Mount your art piece onto the Old Olive mat and then adhere to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Finish it off by adding some Dapper Denim Enamel shapes along with a few tiny pearls
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: