Hi Stampers, Today we had a sketch challenge so I decided to use the Hey Chick stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. This stamp set is free when you purchase $50 worth of Stampin Up products. This set really spoke to me. A few years ago I had and an urban chicken coup with three girls. Wilma, Betty and Pebbles. When Pebbles died I got a new hen, a Buff Orpington (for you chicken enthusiasts) and named her Peaches for her color. The Chicken I colored today reminds me of Peaches.
Here is the sketch:
I reversed the placement of my circle to the left side but the card would work either way.
Stampin’ Up! “Hey Chick”
Thanks Sandi McIver for the inspiration for my card today!
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Crumb Cake 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Real Red 4 x 5-1/4
Mat with design: 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 Inked in Early Espresso and the Hexagon Embossing folder (retired)
Scollop Circle: Real Red
Circle: Watercolor paper
- Ink Hexagon Embossing Folder with Early Espresso ink and stamp the image onto the Crumb Cake mat
- Adhere the Real Red mat to the stamped Crumb Cake mat
- With glue dots adhere a strip of Burlap ribbon
- On top of the Burlap Ribbon attache a piece of Linen Thread and Real Red Bakers Twine
- Attach all the layers onto the card base
- Cut a Real Red scallop circle
- Cut a Water color paper circle to go on top of the scallop circle
- Stamp your image with Staz on Black ink
- Color in your image with Crushed Curry and Early Espresso Water color pencils
- With your aqua painter blend the colors
- Use you Real Red Stampin marker for the comb and waddle and Tangerine Tango for the beak.
- Make a bow using two stands each of Linen Thread and Real Red Bakers twine. Attach with a glue dot
- Cut a tag from the Tags and Labels Framelits and stamp your sentiment.
Here is our team:
Click onto the “next blog” button to visit each team members hop. If you get lost along the way just click onto one of the names to find your way back.
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: