Hi Stampers, Today I am sharing a card from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set. It was fun to get out a stamp set that has not seen any ink for awhile and it fit perfectly with our sketch challenge too. I am trying to use all the new colors with my cards because they are so yummy. Today I used Granny Apple Green and Lovely Lipstick.
Here is the sketch:
I turned my sketch vertical. It is amazing how that changes the look. I love those little tweaks that make each card unique
Stampin’ Up! Happy Birthday Gorgeous:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 3-7/8 x 4-1/8
DSP panel: In Color 6 x 6 Lovely Lipstick 3-3/4 x 4
Art piece: Whisper White 2-3/4 x 5
Art piece mat: Basic Black 2-7/8 x 5-1/8
Here are the details:
the art piece:
- Stamp your flower cluster in Lovely Lipstick Ink onto the art piece
- Stamp 3 extra large flowers and two small flowers in Lovely Lipstick Ink onto a piece of scrap Whisper White card stock and fussy cut the flowers out
- Stamp your leaves in Granny Apple Green Ink
- Stamp the seed pod flowers in Lovely Lipstick Ink
- (Don’t worry that your stamped images are overlapping as the cut out flowers will cover up the overlap)
- Dilute some Memento Black Ink with water and dip a small paint brush into the diluted ink. Tap the paintbrush lightly over the stamped images to get some tiny black splatters
- Mount your art piece onto the black mat
- Wrap a piece of Lovely Lipstick Ribbon around the art piece with glue dots
- Adhere your small fussy cut flowers with glue dots over the stamped images
- Adhere your large cut out flowers with dimensionals over the stamped images
- Stamp the sentiment at the bottom of the art piece with Memento Black Ink
- Mount your Lovely Lipstick DSP into the Black mat
- Mount your DSP panel to the front of the card
- Mount your art piece to the front of the card with dimensionals
Even more details:
- Add a Lovely Lipstick bow to the front of the art piece
- Add a large Lovely Lipstick Glitter Dot
- Adhere some small Rhinestones to eh front of the card and you are done
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: