Hi Stampers, Happy New Year! Wow, 2018 is here, I can hardly believe it. I hope your holidays were full of happiness and that you all had some time to relax and stamp! I took a few weeks off as we were out of town. I am really excited to start playing with all of my new stamps from the 2018 Occasion Catalog. Tomorrow our Stampin” Up! Sale-A-Bration starts too so be on the lookout for the start of an exciting few months. This is a great time to get FREE product and you will not be disappointed in what Stampin” Up! has to offer you. Okay on with my share for the blog hop… Today was a sketch challenge and I used a NEW stamp set from the Occasions Catalog called “Flying Home”. I finally got out my new Stampin Blends too and colored the images. I had so much fun and it was very relaxing just playing and coloring. I felt like a kid again.
Here is the sketch:
Stampin Up Flying Home:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Lemon Lime Twist 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Tutti Fruitti DSP 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Scallop Circle: Lemon Lime Twist
Art Piece: Whisper White Stitched Framlits Circle
- Adhere your DSP to the Lemon Lime Twist mat
- Wrap a piece of Striped Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon vertically to the left hand side of the mat and DSP stack and adhere with glue dots
- Adhere the front panels to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Stamp your image with Memento Black ink to the Whisper White Stitched Framlit circle
- Color in the image with your Stampin Blends
- Birds: Daffodil Delight
- Beaks: Calypso Coral
- Nest: Crumb cake
- Branch: Dark Crumb Cake and Copper. I added a bit of black with my Watercolor Pencil for added shading
- Leaves: Lemon Lime Twist and Dark Old Olive
- Outline: Light Pool Party
- Adhere your art piece to the Lemon Lime Twist Scallop Circle and glue to the front of the card with dimensionals
- Add a knotted bow to the art piece
- Add a few Tutti Fruity Calypso Coral sequins to the branches
- Put a few tiny pearls on top of the sequins to form a flower
I stamped the sentiment with a saying from the Fruit Basket stamp set and added a few bird from the Flying Home stamp set in Daffodil Delight ink
Here is our Team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
Here are the products I used to make this card: