Hi Stampers, Today we had a sketch challenge and I am using a new set from the Occasions Catalog today for my share. The new catalog is full of wonderful new products and today’s card is from the stamp set Dragonfly Dreams. I also used the Joseph Coat technique. I am overjoyed with how the color came through on the dragonflies.
Here is the sketch:
Stampin Up Dragonfly Dreams:
Here is the card recipe:
Card base: Basic Black 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Flirty Flamingo 3-7/8 x 5-1/2
Mat: Whisper White 3-5/8 x 5-1/2
Art Piece: Shimmery White 3-1/2 x 5-1/2
Circles: Scallop circle, Flirty Flaming 2-3/4. White circle 2-5/8 (both cut from the layering circle framelits)
The Joseph Coat technique is wonderful.
- using your sponge daubers sponge random circles on the shimmery white cardstock using Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Flirty Flaming ink
- ink your dragonfly stamp with vera mark ink and randomly ink the front of the card
- dust with clear embossing power and heat set with your heat tool
- taking a sponge and tuxedo black ink, sponge over the entire card. Because you have the embossed dragonflies, the ink will not stick to them. When you are done, take a paper tower and just wipe any excess ink off your stamped image. Voila you are done. Sandi McIver taught me this technique and you can see her card here to learn more about this technique.
- Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon gets wrapped around the art piece
- Stamp your sentiment (from Jars of Love) onto the white circle with Tuxedo Black ink
- Adhere your scallop and white circle with dimensionals
- Die cut one solid dragonflies in Flirty Flamingo and one die cut with Basic Black. Glue them together and adhere with a glue dot to the circles
- Add a Flirty Flamingo bow and heart shaped enamel dot to complete your card.
Here is our team:
Click the “go to the next blog” button to see each of our cards. If you get lost along the way simply just click onto a name to direct you back. Have fun and enjoy our creations today.
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: