Hi Stampers, Today we have a combined hop with our friends in Canada. When we combined hops we have our choice of either a sketch or color challenge. You can even combine them and do both. I decided to do just the sketch challenge because I wanted to color in my floral image and needed to work with the color pencils that I had. My sketch uses the new limited edition stamp set and dies called “Blended Season”. It will be available on August 1 through August 31 or while supply lasts.
Here is the sketch:
Stampin’ Up! Blended Season:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Flirty Flamingo 5-1/4 x 4
DSP: Bright DSP Pack (Daffodil Delight) 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Art piece: Whisper White die cut from the Blended Season Die
- Adhere your DSP to the Flirty Flamingo mat
- Adhere your Whisper White die cut art piece to the middle of the DSP stack
- Wrap a piece of Whisper White Polka Dot Ribbon around the mat stack
- Adhere the mat stack to the front of the card with dimensionals
The art piece
- Stamp the floral image into a piece of Whisper White card stock with Tuxedo
- Color in the flower with your Flirty Flamingo water color pencil and blend with the Blender Pen
- Deepen the center of each flower with your Melon Mambo water color pencil and blend with the Blender Pen
- Take your Flirty Flamingo Stampin Write Marker and dot and dabble into the center throat of each flower and follow quickly with your Blender Pen by dabbling the colors to soften
- Touch a few petals with your Granny Apple Green Watercolor Pencil and blend with the Blender Pen
- Color the center of the flower with Daffodil Delight Stampin Write Marker
- Color the leaves the the Granny Apple Green water color pencil and blend with the Blender Pen
- Deepen the leaves with your Garden Green water color pencil and blend with the Blender Pen
- Fussy cut your floral image out with your paper snips (I cut the buds off and added them later
- Adhere your floral cutout to the front of the art piece with dimensionals
- Add a Whisper White Polka Dot Ribbon bow
- Tuck that cut out bud floral piece to the left of the bow
Even more details:
- Cut your sentiment piece 1/2 x 3-1/2 from Whisper White card stock, punch the end with the Triple Banner Punch
- Stamp your “hello” sentiment with Black Ink from the Eastern Beauty Stamp set
- Tuck your sentiment under the floral image on the right hand side of the card with glue dots
- Embellish with Sequins and pearls and your are done
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: