Hi Stampers, Today we have a sketch challenge and I must say with all the new stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog, it was hard to decide which one to use. It was a quiet, restful day and I wanted to do something quiet and restful, so I colored my heart out. I whipped out my Stampin Blends and the Flying Home stamp set and spent the afternoon coloring three cards. I will be sharing one card today but look for the other 2 on my Alternate Monday blog.
Here is the sketch:
Stampin’ Up! Flying Home:
Here is the recipe:
Card Base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
Card Front: DSP Tutti Frutti 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
Mat: Basic Black 5 x 3-3/4
Thin mat: Real Red 4-5/8 x 3-3/8
Art Piece: Whisper White 4-1/2 x3-1/4
Sentiment: Whisper White 1/2 x 3
The Art Piece:
- Stamp your image using the stamp from Flying Home using Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Let you image dry or run your heat gun over it to make sure the Alcohol Markers do not bleed
- I used both the light and dark pens to highlight and shade
- Color and shade your images, here is what I used:
- Real Red, for some of the roofs, square door, curtains, dormer, flowers, shutters and rooster tail and comb
- Old Olive, was used for some of the roofs, house, leaves on flowers, chimney and banner
- Daffodil Delight, was used for houses, roofs, rooster body
- Copper, was used for the bird house poles, framing, window box
- Crumb Cake, for the shutters, arched front door
- Night of Navy for the bird and heart
- Smokey Slate for the inside of some of the window along with light pool party for the others
- Attach your DSP to the card front
- Attach your Black mat to the DSP
- Attach your art piece to the real red mat and wrap a piece of glitter black ribbon around the bottom
- Adhere the art piece and mat to the black mat with dimensionals
- Stamp your sentiment onto the banner using black ink. The sentiment is from the Fruit Basket stamp set
- Attach your sentiment with dimensionals
- Add your black bow and the card is finished.
Here is our Team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
These are the products I used to make my card: