Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up Good Tidings:
Here is the recipe:
Card base: Old Olive 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Real Red 4 x 5-1/4
Art Piece: Whisper White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, embossed with the Pine Wood Planks EF
- Stamp 3 holly leaf images on the Whisper White card stock. The solid image is stamped in Old Olive and the shaded layer is stamped in Always Artichoke
- Stamp your Holly Berries in Real Red ink and stamp the second layer in Cherry Cobbler
- Run your stamped art piece through your Big Shot using the Pinewood Planks EF
- Adhere your art piece to the Real Red mat
- Wrap your red ribbon around the Art Piece and mat
- Adhere your mats to the card base
(I changed the contrast on this picture to help you see the detail in the Pinewood Planks Embossed background)
- Cut a large Whisper White Stitched Framlits circle
- Cut a large Real Red Scallop circle
- Stamp your sentiment in Tuxedo Black in onto the White circle and the attach it to the Real Red scallop circle
- Attach your sentiment to the card front with dimensionals
- Stamp the small holly leaf image on Whisper White card stock, duplicating the colors from the large leaves
- Fussy cut the small stamped leaf image and attach to the sentiment piece with a Mini Dimensional
- Add your red double bow with a glue dot
- The final touch is a large rhinestone on the sentiment piece for just a touch a bling
Here is the card inspiration:
Do you see the differences in the two cards?
The colors and papers have been mixed up. One has the Merry Music DSP as the art piece the other is using the Pinewood Planks embossed art piece as the background. The shape of the sentiment is also a different. The bling and the ribbon were also changed up to give the cards a new look.
You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
Here are the products I used to make this card: