Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Vintage Leaves Eclipse card:
Card base: Old Olive 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Real Red 5-1/4 x 4
Art Piece: Whisper White 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Here are the Details:
The art piece:
With your Vintage Leaves stamp set, stamp the leaves onto your Whisper White card stock
- The large oak leaves are inked in Old Olive and Lemon Lime Twist
- The green filler is stamped in Garden Green using the leaf stamp from Jars of Love
- They berries are stamped in Real Red using the dot stamp from Jars of Love
- The splatters were added with Daffodil Delight ink using the star cluster stamp from the Christmas Pines stamp set
- When all the stamping was done I ran the art piece through the Big shot with the Cable Knit Embossing Folder
(I hope you can see the texture of the embossing folder, it really makes the card so beautiful, I am just not sure the photo captures it?)
The eclipse effect:
- Run your art piece through the big-shot with the Large Letter Dies spelling out “JOY”
- Attach the art piece to the Real Red mat
- Adhere pieces of the Foam Adhesive Strips to the back of you letters and place them in the silhouette from the cut out letter shape
- The letter “O” had an extra piece from the center of the letter, attach that into the back of the silhouette shape with liquid glue
- Wrap a piece of red Mini Tinsel Trim around the matted art piece
- Die cut two snowflakes from the Colorful Seasons dies, one in real red and two in gold foil
- Adhere the snowflakes to the band of ribbon underneath the bow and one to the right of the letter Y
Here is the card inspiration:
This was my card from the Thursday Blog Hop. You can see it here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
Here are the products I used to make this card: