Hi Stampers, It’s Alternate Monday day. That means I am sharing a card taken from the blog hop that I participate in each Thursday. I am taking either the sketch or color challenge and making a second card that is close to or similar to the posted card from the hop. I want to inspire you to get different looks for your card by mixing it up a bit by color and design. Today I used the same layout, with a twist and changed the colors to give the card an “Alternate” look.
Stampin’ Up! Color Theory Card:
Here is the Recipe:
Card base: Whisper White 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
Mat: Basic Black 4 x 5-1/4
DSP: Color Theory 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Small mat: Basic Black 4-1/8 x 2-7/8
Art Piece: Very Vanilla 4-1/8 x 2-7/8
Stamp your art piece with black ink using the Thankful Thoughts sentiment.
- Attach your DSP to the large black mat
- Attach your small black mat and the sentiment piece at an angle to the matted DSP
- Wrap your Berry Burst Ribbon around the bottom of the card
- Adhere your mats to the front of the card base
- Stamp 3 leaves from the Colorful Seasons stamp set
- The large solid image maple leaf is stamped in Berry Burst and over stamped with the vein stamp in Basic Black
- The tiny maple leaf is stamped in Berry Burst
- The lacy Black maple leaf is die cut using Basic Black card stock and the matching die from the Seasonal Layers dies
- Adhere the three leaves with glue dots onto the Berry Burst ribbon
- Add a small Berry Burst bow the to the top of the bunch of leaves
- The finishing detail is some Berry Burst Glitter Dots and Rhinestones
I had so much fun I made two more cards using the same formula.
Here is a card in Old Olive:
I used the Black Shimmer Ribbon and the Sentiment from Big on Birthdays. The Art piece is embossed with the Petal Burst EF
Here is a card in Dapper Denim:
Do you notice how I made this one run horizontal verses vertical? By doing this it changes the design even more.
I used the Pinewood Planks EF and the sentiment is from Big on Birthdays. I added some of the striped Dapper Denim Ribbon too.
Here is the card inspiration from the blog hop:
You can view this card here:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My Customer loyalty program & my way of saying THANK YOU for choosing me as your Demonstrator.
- Earn a Butterfly for each $25.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you order through me. (before shipping and tax) Collect 20 Butterflies and earn free product valued at $30.00
- Current Butterfly Club members also receive all Stampin’ Up! catalogs for free!
- Butterflies are calculated per order and cannot be combined with other orders made within the same month.
Here are the products I used to make this card: